Dienstag, 24. Juli 2007

Musing Around


Well, I'm pretty quiet tonight after getting back from LAST night with Sandra (till parents weekend... oct 31st). We saw CAMP, and she gave me my grad party gift. Currently, 2 things are on my mind *from a cultural standpoint*:CAMP, and Story of B.CAMP: was filmed at Stagedoor Manor, and it was this un-fuzzy yet VERY superficial movie about drama-y kids. And not even the pierced/pissed ones. It was so weird-- the movie had qualms with who it wanted to focus on (or the plot did. whatever.) There was VLAD, the Risto-esque OCD prozac junkie. Risto-esque meaning blonde/jocke-ish/looks perfect on the outside. And there was MIKE, the biracial gay drag queen... who had a huge crush on VLAD. Now, you would think an indie movie about a drama camp would not focus on an aryan poster boy. I'm having issues with it for that very reason. So much about the movie was unresolved. When I first saw the trailer, I assumed it was a queer flick, not even associating CAMP with, well, camp... shows you how far away my mind is...

Keine Kommentare: